I know I'm not alone- I've seen 2014 called some pretty nasty names on social media.
(and I'm pretty sure she asked for it)
Truth be told, it was filled to the brim with amazing things for me and for my family:
- I finished my bachelor's degree and graduated with a fancy summa cum laude title
- My son got his first (and second) job as an EMT
- My husband began grad school
- I fell and broke my ring finger, and wonkified my pinky
- My girls have been enjoying their sophomore year
- We survived a pretty nasty car accident and my favorite car (ever) was totaled
- I had surgery on my wonky pinky
- We got a replacement car and were able to pay cash for it with insurance money
- I celebrated 23 years of marriage with my husband
- I gained a massive amount of weight
- Some of my extended family survived a really, much nastier car accident
- I got to travel to Texas, Washington, and Texas again
- Some very dear friends and family suffered some very real heartbreak
- My pinky finger rewonkified
Some of those things brought me happy tears, some not-so-happy tears, and some were downright atrocious. This was a remarkable year.
The good news for me is this: It's over!
Time to turn the page- a fresh start!
I'm committing to a healthier, loving-er, more profitable year.
Can't wait to tell you all about it. I've been planning and planning and planning....
In fact, I'll be blogging daily about it all month. Tomorrow, I'll lay it all out for ya.
But for now, I'll say this:
Day one: check!