I was tagged for my first Meme by T at Dull as Dishwater- and though this reminds me of a slam book from high school- (anyone else have one of those?) I thought, "Why not?" So, here you go:
Here are the rules:
(1) Link to the person that tagged you. (Here's another link for Good Measure: T at Dull as Dishwater)
(2) Post the rules on your blog. (Viola!)
(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
Six Random Quirks....
1. I am an insane list person. When I make lists, I feel better. Things to do, things to buy, places to go... anything. I sometimes even list out prayers & things to think about. (I know, ODD!) Even better if I have a great pen (me, too T!) and some cool paper. I've also taken to making spreadsheets for the bigger lists.
2. I have an intense dislike of all pickles, mustards, and beans (exceptions: jelly & green) Like, so bad that if a pickle or some mustard has touched my food, I can't eat that part. I am not proud of this. It just is what it is.
3. While we're on the subject, I can't like coffee *ducks*- I tried, even in the days of working graveyard shifts at Bob's Big Boy while in college full time and teaching preschool. I would even do 90% hot chocolate and 10% coffee- still yukky. I don't like mocha ice cream either. And even if you tell me you 'can't really taste the coffee'- I can. I do, however, go nuts over a Tall Chai Latte (soy only, please)
4. I have to remind myself all the time that not everything is forever. If you're mad at me, it's probably forever so I have to fix it right away. If I buy a couch, I have to keep it forever so I have to think of if it will fit in the decor I will have for the next 80 years. I have to keep being prodded to think of some things or situations as temporary, cause I am a permanent kind of gal.
5. I obsessively check my email. All day. Several times a day... hmmm...maybe it's time I looked at that. At one point I had to stop wearing a watch for that same reason. I kept checking my watch, then would look up realizing I forgot what time it was. Then look again... ugh!
6. I have a few superpowers: a) I can sleep anywhere, any time, any length of time...quickly b)I can blow up inflateables freakishly fast (pools, decorations, rafts) c) I can whistle louder than you. no, really. much louder, without using my fingers.
that's all for now folks, I feel like I am exposed enough now... so I shall tag Cousin Judi, Jenn from Moments, Jenster, Alana, Mer, and Kim. (which you are absolved of if this annoys you or will make you hate me forever)
now, mock away (I'm ready!)
Next post: MOPS recap- then I think I'm all caught up from my week away from blogging
Today's scripture is courtesy of Jenn too- it fit here so perfectly, I had to copy her!
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!